We're still chugging along out here. The colder weather and darker evenings have forced another round of adaptation *SIGH*...exercising, getting out as a family, seeing friends in person, the kids' wardrobe, just plain feeling happy...they all need tweaking again. It's not the last time, I'm sure.
 |
James has returned to the sewing machine to make a couple pillows for his nest/bed. The kids also scored several recognition ribbons at the end of this quarter, and here is James sewing them onto a fabric background. He says he'd like to make a blanket with them eventually. The sewing machine wasn't exactly cooperating, but James remained remarkably patient. More patient than me. I had to walk away.
|
 |
| Here is a page from Matthew's most recent Kindergarten assessment. He had to write a "book" about himself. This is the first page. "Vos oz wt I ot lit" translates into "This is what I look like" |
|
|
 |
Here is James "at school". His head is sooooooo shaggy. He likes to whip his head from shoulder to shoulder and make the hair move like a wave.
|
 |
James loves a good fort! This one uses his school desk as a roof.
|
 |
Here is Matthew "at school". I love, love, love seeing his little head in those enormous gaming headphones. They were a gift. He hates getting his picture taken during school, so he's moving a lot, but you can see the chaos and fun.
|
 |
We raked our fall leaves. I've got to admit, it's a TON easier when all the kids are older and can enjoy the task with me. Robert gave significantly meaningful help. I love that he loves to help.
|
 |
This has been a fall of family campfires. We've been burning our old fruit trees. This particular fire is extra large because I'm trying to create enough coals for roasting hot dogs. That. was. fun.
|
 |
A kindergarten science project: finding a way to put fall leaves back onto the tree. It was based on a cute little story about a baby fox's first fall. Matthew chose peanut butter. Success!
|
 |
Here is one of Robert's 5th grade writing assignments: 25 things he's grateful for. "Living" and "food" didn't even make the top ten. And #21 is "time before Covid".
|
 |
Something of a Sunday tradition. I like playing Parcheesi. Alice is still hiding in her room, so Matthew is the photographer from the fireplace bricks.
|
 |
Cutey pants.
|
Thanks so much for the pictures and cameos of their personalities! They are growing too fast!!
ReplyDeleteI love all those pictures and captions! I keep imagining James making waves with his hair! �� Such a great image. I think the length on the back makes it feel shaggier--thinking of our previous hair conversations--and trimming that part alone and tapering would give it a different look. I love Robert's list and Matthew in headphones. I love how you provide your kids with so many fun opportunities and experiences like sewing, backyard fires, family rituals like parcheesi, and hot dog roasts. I really admire all that about you and how you document your life and growth and thinking. You encourage me to think more deeply and specifically and learn from that time of introspection and from the Lord. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDelete