Sunday, February 3, 2008

Bobby's Sunday Summary

This week started off seeming to get back to normal.  Toward the middle of the week Alice got a cold.  She has had a runny nose and some coughing.  This has been a little difficult, as it has been keeping us, mostly Susan, up at night.  Other than that Alice has been doing well.  She is learning and growing and is getting better at walking every day.  I am fairly sure this morning she brought me a few books that she wanted me to read to her, so we did, but she has never done that before.

Thursday night we had a “Big” snowstorm.  It dumped about 6 inches of snow on us, which I know is not that much for some people, but around here it is a lot.  It didn’t take that long to shovel out on Friday, but I still worked from home in the morning, because the roads were not plowed and more importantly there are a lot of people around here that do not know how to drive in the snow.  I really did not feel like being hit by someone.   I went into work Friday afternoon and got hit with a rather large surprise, Microsoft is trying to buy Yahoo!.  It really is a bit rough, thinking that we had finally hit another stable spot, but then Yahoo! announces some layoffs last week and now this.  I am very glad I did not stay with Motorola, because on Friday that also announced that they considering selling or spinning off their mobile phone business.  Oh well.  What ever happens happens and I am really not that worried about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment