Saturday, February 9, 2008
Green Bean Monster
I was feeding Alice some of those skinny little french green beans the other day. They are about 4-5 inches long, the shape of a regular green bean, but much thinner. She took one in her fist, shoved one end into her mouth, chomped down with a grunt, and yanked it out again. The babe only has 3 teeth (two on bottom, one on top) so the bean squeaked as it slipped out of her gums. She tried again and again until suddenly her teeth got a hold of the bean and she tore off a little piece. She opened her mouth with a wide grin and made her little fake throat laugh...it's kind of a gagging sound and a cough at the end...like she's forcefully clearing her throat with her mouth wide open. I laughed so hard that she started laughing with me, which only made me laugh more. Then she did it again and again until she had eaten the whole bean. Our little green bean monster.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A girl after her aunt's heart--I love those skinny green beans. I plan to plant a bunch of them in our garden this year. I want to plant enough that I can harvest more than a handful at a time, so I can eat to my heart's content and have some left over to freeze so I can relive the experience in the winter.
ReplyDelete