The days this week were fairly typical but the nights were a little out of the ordinary. Nearly every night this week, Susan had some sort of a meeting. Some nights she had two scheduled at the same time. So I got to spend a lot of time alone in the evening.
Yesterday was a rather busy day. I went to the church leadership broadcast at 7 a.m. Susan went at 10, while I was in the family history library watching Alice. We did it that way because our stake only broadcast those two due to the rest of the afternoon people were setting up for the Gold and Green Ball, which is basically a really fancy high school dance for everyone 14 and up.
I have to tell you that Alice is becoming a little kid not just a baby any more. She knows the word for ball, dada, and we suspect that mama is in there too. Also she is getting to be much more adventurous and physical. She likes to climb. She likes to climb on people. She likes to climb on stairs. She likes to climb on the furniture. At the family history library today I prevented her from climbing onto the top of the desk by placing her on the floor, as nothing else seemed to work. As soon as she was on the floor she started trying to do a chin-up to get up there. Her little arms are just not quite strong enough yet, but she was determined. We went to the library after lunch and a nap to check out books and play. She was playing in a big plastic playhouse, and was hanging out with a few other girls.
(Susan's addendum: While at the library, Bobby was carrying Alice through the stacks and he heard a clinking sound on the floor. He saw a quarter there and picked it up. It was still warm. Apparently Alice had found a quarter somewhere during her wanderings in the Children's Department. I'm just glad we discovered it before it discovered her esophagus.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
She's not a year yet. She's still a baby, gosh darn it. Don't make her grow up too fast!!
ReplyDeleteIt's been a while since there were pictures of videos. (hint hint)