This week has been a real interesting one. Both Susan and Alice have been sick, and it has been a very busy week for Susan. She has had some sort of a meeting nearly every night this week, most of them keeping her out until after 10. She has been absolutely exhausted, but has kept going. All of this exhausting sickness culminated Friday night and yesterday. Alice has had a fever and Friday night all night long she just wanted to be held, so Susan stayed up much of the night and held her. Saturday was the Elder’s Quorum temple trip. My calling is the leader of the temple and family history committee, hence I organized it (Not a terribly difficult job, hey everybody lets all meet at the temple say Saturday the 23rd for the 10:30 session) but I felt like I should be there because of it. Well the wonderful person Susan is she took Alice all day Saturday so I could go, even after a very difficult night.
Now when she reads this she will try and down play it saying that I am just as wonderful because I took Alice last night and I am staying home from church with her today. I will refute that right now, as last night Alice woke up twice and all I had to do was put the pacifier back in each time, and today it is only 3 hours and Alice will practically sleep through it.
On a side note the temple trip was a very good one despite the low turn out. We had close to 15 people signed up to go, but yesterday morning when we met at the church the only people who showed up were me, the Elder’s Quorum president, and his wife. We called around to several of the other people and they were all not going because they and their families had this same sickness that Alice and Susan had. We went down. Another group was going to go down later to do baptisms, as there were two elders that had not taken out their endowments yet. They all showed up, which I think was the real reason for the trip. When our session was over and we went to the celestial room the home teacher of one of the guys doing baptisms was waiting for us. So all of us were able to help out. It ended up being a very long day. We left the church at 7 am and did not get back home until 7 pm. But it was a very good trip.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment