I was raking the leaves in our front yard this afternoon when Alice asked to "bep" me. I handed her the rake and she moved some leaves around. Soon she discovered it was more fun to crunch and jump in the pile than it was to wrangle the rake. I kept raking, though, and she came back to me every few minutes asking for her own "nurn" with the rake.
It came time to fill the leaf bags and she wanted to "bep" there too. She was too short to reach the top of the leaf bag, so I plopped her into one of the half-filled bags and told her to smash the leaves down. She proceeded to "mump mump" as if she were in the bounce house. Then we took a few more "nurns" with the rake until she wanted to "min." I grabbed her ankles and spun her around and around and around 'till we were both dizzy.
Then she asked for a ride in the "crowlr" so we took the bike trailer out for a spin. When we got back, she asked for a "nack" and I didn't understand her right away. It's not a word she uses often and there isn't a convenient sign for it. She kept saying it louder and closer to me until I finally asked her to show me. She took me inside, got up into a chair at the table, sat down, looked me straight in the eye, and said "nack." Still not completely comprehending her, I asked, "Nack?" She sighed, put her fingers to her mouth and said "ee."
Ah! I gotcha!
When Bobby got home from work today she couldn't get enough of him. They played and played and played. She did everything he asked her to do...even a "niss" full on the lips to wake me from my pretend sleep. After all her kissing practice with a certain Nehnehr (aka Spencer), and her baby doll Nehnehr, her lips-eye coordination is just about 100% accurate. She even times her smacky noise just right so it comes just as she's pulling away.
Oh my.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment