Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Correction to "The Opera!" Post

Dude, it's been a while since I've seen a live opera...at LEAST seven years.

In my blog entry entitled "The Opera!" I fused two very different tragic romance stories into one story. Oops. The truth is, I love the music from "La Traviata," and I love the story of "Tosca". It is the tragic ending of Tosca that depicts "the subtle intrigue, the blossoming romance, and the bitter deception that culminates in the most striking finale I’ve ever witnessed on the stage."

Sorry to confuse you opera fans out there. It's clear my passion for the art outweighs my training in it :)

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering about that--I didn't find the story of La Traviata very interesting. It's like a "cougar" version of La Boheme. But Tosca took my breath away. I would love to see it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not had the pleasure of seeing either Tosca or La Traviata. Must rectify that. Somehow. The other opera that I have tickets for is The Magic Flute. Mozart wrote gorgeous music, but a superb librettist he was not.

    Has it really been seven years?

    Can't wait for November!

    ReplyDelete