With just a little negotiation, we find ourselves newly betrothed to the "maple leaf" house. So happy! So much work to do in such a short time. If all goes well, we'll be closing on it the week before Christmas. I've already planned out the garden and orchard out back, I know where I want to put our Christmas tree, and I'm mentally setting up the guest bedroom for Bobby's parents :)
It's bigger than we were originally looking for, but the location and lot are spot-on. The house itself has a brick exterior, bay windows in front, 5 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, separate family room, and a wide, sunny, green back yard with decent-sized patio. We have friends already living just a few doors down from it. They tell us there's another family next door to us with kids our kids' ages. It's a quiet neighborhood, mature, and closer to everything we do most often. I am very, very pleased.
A couple drawbacks: 1) needs new kitchen appliances, washer, and dryer, 2) bathrooms chock-full of colored porcelain (avocado and mustard, mostly). We'll want to update the kitchen and light fixtures in many ways, but that's all cosmetic. Purely aesthetic. It's a functionally sound house. We'll let the inspector determine how structurally sound it is :)
Now to start the not-so-fun part: packing, cleaning old house, cleaning new house, moving stuff, unpacking. Maybe it's time for another purge.
Monday, November 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats again! I am really truly happy for you.
ReplyDeleteYeah!
ReplyDeletewoohoo! i have a mustard-tiled shower and I thought it was horrible at first. But now I really like it! You're welcome to come see what I've done with the rest of the bathroom to make myself like the tile. :)
ReplyDeleteI thought mustard and avocado were still in. -JK- I found the place on Zillow. You do have a great location! and with 5 bedrooms maybe we can beg a floor spot when we come back to visit (not sure when that would be, but if YOU continue to live there we'll have to come sometime).
ReplyDeleteYay!!!!!! Bill and I are so excited for you!! Please let us know what we can do to help in the next few weeks. I'm available for cleaning, babysitting, packing, whatever you need. And I'm sure Bill will be able to help with moving heavy things. How fun to have Christmas in a new house!!
ReplyDelete*HAPPY DANCE* So so so so so excited for you! Can I come help you set up your garden? Pleeeeeeze?
ReplyDelete