Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

Here are pictures of our Halloween celebrations this year. Robert was dressed as a tooth and Alice had planned for months to be a dentist. I whipped up a snazzy kid-size lab coat for her last month. Alice managed to attend all three parties in three different costumes, and not one of them was a dentist.

Mothers and More Halloween Parade, Friday, October 28th
Me, Tooth, and Tooth Fairy

Protective Tooth Fairy, Grateful Tooth, lots of friends






Urbana Ward Trunk or Treat, Saturday, October 29th
Barbie bride. The umbrella cape is her veil.





Y!Boo Trick or Treat, Monday, October 31st
Bobby, Tooth, and Princess Barbie (though it's exactly what she wore to church yesterday)

I had hopes that her dentist costume would eventually earn a showing, but it wasn't a complete surprise to me that she chose somewhat more traditional (and traditionally Alice) costumes to wear. I have a girly girl. Through and through.

Robert took to the trick-or-treating habit like a pro. Candy was eagerly sought for, gratefully received, and devoured with care:



A few more pictures just for fun:






2 comments:

  1. Wow Susan when did you get so into Barbies :) Haha! Isn't it funny how the kids just have their own deal, personality, likes, regardless of who we are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Exactly like the year I told my mom I wanted to be a pumpkin. She bought me a pumpkin costume (she never bought costumes), and I dissolved into tears when I saw how beautiful my sister was dressed as a princess. I went as a princess. My mom was not very happy. You seem to have such a good attitude, considering the work you put into her dentist costume. Way to go. :) Not that I can't empathize completely with my mother. :)

    ReplyDelete