I'm driving home from church this afternoon and Alice pipes up from the back, "Mom, you know what my favorite part about choir practice was today?"
"Hmmmm. What was it?"
"Zee-Zee-Ahhhhhhhhh! Zee-Zee-Ahhhhhhhh! Will you sing that for me?"
"You mean the warm ups?"
"And there's another one with mmmmm's"
"Is it may-o-may-o-may-o-may-o-may?"
"Yeah! Zee-Zee-Ahhhhhhh. Mayo-mayo-may. That's my favorite."
Robert pipes up, "Zee-eee-ahhhh. Zee-eee-ahhhhh. Mayo!" He's frightfully close to on-key.
I think, "Crazy, awesome kids. Why not?"
We've been warming up our voices pretty much all day. During quiet time, Alice was playing some elaborate game with at least three different characters (I could tell that from the different "voices" she used for each one). There was a lot of warming up going on. Later, she tells me they were practicing for a performance and she had written down all the music for them in English and Spanish:
She sounded out "Zee-Eee-Ahhhhhhhh" on her own and put the "Mayo" bits in Spanish.
I'll say it again. Crazy, awesome kids.
Sunday, November 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment