BoGah is officially 26 weeks along now. The end of the second trimester. The beginning of viability outside the womb. Were he to be born next week, he would be on the edge of what modern medical science could rescue. Every week beyond that pretty much doubles his chances at survival and a healthy future with few side affects.
Not that I expect him to come early. This is just something I come to realize at this point in every pregnancy so far :)
He's just about here.
Am I ready?
Emotionally, I now have space for him. Physically, the pregnancy itself is becoming more cumbersome and restricting than I like...especially in such an active time of year for our family (and my farm!). Sometimes I catch myself thinking, "What the HECK is wrong with me? Why can't I handle this task like I used to?" And then I remember that I'm 6 months pregnant. Mowing the lawn is no longer an option. Holding Robert while I'm standing is pretty much over. Sleeping through the night? A dream of the past. Sometimes I catch myself thinking, "Things will be easier when he's finally born." Bwah ha ha haaaaa! What a joke. One thing will get easier: sleeping on my back. Everything else will get more complicated :)
As far as BoGah's physical accommodations once he arrives, I'm almost there. Just gotta put the crib back up, find a dresser, move the changing table and nursing chair in there, and then find a place to stash the sewing mess. Hold on, maybe I'm NOT almost there. *groan*
And there's also a list of things I'd like to get done before he arrives...oh man, we need some name suggestions.
Thursday, June 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment