...and he's just about outgrown it. It's a size 4, according to the pattern, the same size as Alice's pink and purple suit that I made last year, but I added 3 inches to the shirt length (to avoid another awkward ruffle or creative striping maneuver). I managed to sew it at my friend's house over a couple of evenings. I'm getting more practice with her serger. The whole project from purchasing fabric to finished hems took about 4 hours. Buddy loves it. I love it.
Friday, June 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Where have you been finding this swim fabric? Alice's was especially unusual.
ReplyDeleteBoth suits were made from lycra we found at our local Hancock Fabrics. Most people use it for dance outfits...loud, girly, sparkly prints are usually available. Buddy got solids. I stumbled upon a wider selection of lycra at Jo-Ann's the other day. I'll go there first next time. I hesitate to buy online, but that will be a consideration next year, too.
ReplyDelete