After some thought about the
hairdo and dressing fiasco yesterday, I realized that Alice is still developing her sense of time. She doesn't know or care what time it is and she has NO idea how long something will take to complete. We had a calm little chat about it yesterday afternoon while snuggling on the couch (another Love & Logic staple) to brainstorm ideas for the "next time" our morning is a little crunched for time. I mentioned that fancy hairdos take quite a bit of time to create and that I would need to know ahead of time if she was planning on a fancy hairdo some morning. She may even have to eat her breakfast a little faster than usual to make sure there's enough time for everything else. She felt that was fair.
This morning, I asked her early on about the hairdo and she helped me carve the time for it. No meltdowns. No sobbing. No frustration. She had her outrageous, attention-grabbing hairdo for camp and I had a quick, well-timed morning. All was well:
 |
Two braids in the front, two ponytails on the sides, and two braids in the back.
Adorned with a crown headband and a froofy pink clip in the front. 100% Alice. |
Now if I can only remember this long enough to nip it in the bud next time. Sigh.
other than the clip, the hair-do looks pretty normal to me. Perhaps Alice and Abigail have similar tastes in hair-do's. Multiple braids are one of Abigail's favorites.
ReplyDelete