Please forgive me if you've come in contact with any members of my family since Tuesday. We've contracted some kind of barfing sickness. Buddy started us off on Wednesday, then seemed normal on Thursday, then he and Alice both threw up on Friday (we did get her home from school before her episode, though). I got nauseous last night and both Bobby and I have been out of commission all day today. Bobby even passed out after 2 sips of water this afternoon. Not pretty, folks. I'm sooooooo glad my mom is here to take care of all of us. She seems unaffected so far. Baby James is still behaving within normal limits, too. My earnest prayer is that he will remain healthy. Please oh please oh please.
The kids are pretty much back to normal after a day on the couch. It seems to be a short-lived bug. You won't be seeing any of us at church tomorrow, regardless. We're in quarantine.
And just for fun, here's a short clip of the kids gutting a pumpkin. Alice's class went to a pumpkin farm this week and she couldn't wait to get carving...and bossing Buddy around *sigh*:
Hi guys! For some reason I didn't see your latest posts on my blog roll. How are you doing? I heard mom has left... and then to read you are now battling illness too...
ReplyDeleteWhat can we do to help? Count on a call from either Lisa or myself today.
Also: Loved reading the birth story! Crazy how each delivery can be different and your body can react so differently. I've heard of people getting the shakes. I'm so sorry you had that!
Other things I still want to know...since you asked in the post :)
How is everyone adjusting to a new family member? Does his brother and sister adore him or has it been hard... or a little of both?
Which midwife delivered you?
Are you loving an October baby?
I guess that's it. He's so cute guys! SO, SO cute. Seeing his furrowed brow pictures makes me hungry for another new born baby boy. I love 'em!
Hugs from me!