My hens' daily egg production has been 100% these last two days. Sometimes the smallest things make me surprisingly happy.
The big things do, too. On Tuesday, I was in dire straits. It was my first day with four kids to myself. My mom and sister had gone, Bobby was out of town at a conference, and I hadn't slept in two days. I was afraid to think about the next day and didn't dare ponder the three days ahead of me before Bobby would get home. People always ask me how I'm doing, but I don't tell them the full truth because I don't think they really want to know. Well, two friends asked and I couldn't keep myself together a moment longer. They swooped in today and took the big boys away to play. I caught up on sleep while Matthew napped. The quiet house cleansed my senses. The weight was lifted. I started to think more clearly. I started to feel like myself again. I don't know how to express to these friends my deepest thanks. I don't know how to repay them.
And here's the kicker: they aren't the only ones who helped me that day. Anine and Kiersten shuttled my kids as part of our regular carpools. Lara fed me lunch (through one of her awesome freezer meals). Terra took Alice to piano lessons, fed her a snack, and kept her until 4:30.
I have no room to complain, only thank. God performs his loving service through others. I get that now. When the time comes, I hope that I will be as ready to serve as these women are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, adjustments! Best of luck to you through these tricky times!
ReplyDeleteAnd I love your new family photo. Four kids! Wowsahs!
Truly, I thank heaven for friends. You are right. We are Heavenly Father's hands.
ReplyDelete