Tuesday, April 5, 2016

1...2...3...4

Feeling good today for a few reasons:

1. I evicted the "chicks" from the guest room/office

IMG_20160405_131953221

Advance apologies to my backyard neighbors for the eye sore...only a few weeks, I promise. The birds seem to enjoy their new digs. They peek out of the grate. Once the weather warms up a little more, I will take off the towels and heat lamp.


2. The new kitchen cabinets arrived

IMG_20160405_132056475

This is the 1/3 of them that fit down the narrow hall into our newly chick-free office/guest room. The other 2/3 are in the garage. The delivery guy had me check off each of the 30 boxes as he brought them off the truck. I got to review the contents of a few of them and I'm starting to get a little excited...just a little...lots of unknowns yet, but this wish appears to be coming true for really reals...a pantry...an integrated trash can and recycle bin...a place for cookie sheets...oh my.

When Robert came home from school and saw the big boxes, he asked if we could keep them all. Not all, dear boy, but perhaps a few of the biggest ones. Oh yes.


3. One little stinker stole my orange

IMG_20160405_132013846



I guess that's not a good thing. I'm going soft in my old age. He's so CUTE, though! And his petite size doesn't help, either. Sheesh.


4. I finally took pictures of all the work my kids have brought home from school, church, and camp over the last year or so. It was a big pile. My purpose is to preserve some form of it digitally before select items end up in the kids' memory boxes. I'll share this little gem with you:

IMG_20160402_162259604
Robert drew a hand drawing a self-portrait of the person the hand was attached to. 


Did I tell you his teacher exclaimed, "He's got this whole art thing going on!"? He finishes his worksheet or whatnot and has extra time so he flips the sheet over and creates this colorful mass of shapes. He's bringing stuff home like this every day:

IMG_20160402_152142061
FRONT SIDE: "Sheep are flofy. Sheep are whit. Sheep are worm."
IMG_20160402_152123865
BACK SIDE: Fill every inch with color.
And this one made me laugh because he created a reverse image of the front side onto the back...mostly. He didn't turn the "at" at the top around. He probably loosely traced the cat itself through the paper, but the rest looks free-hand:

IMG_20160402_151959945


Seriously?! This is where I try to draw some sort of conclusion about Robert based on these examples, but the kid is just plain himself. Not exactly predictable. It's not like he has much to say when I ask him about his work/art pieces, either. I would love to observe him 5 or 10 or 20 years down the line. Is this kind of stuff just fun for now, or something that will persist into adulthood? Maybe both :)

1 comment: