![]() |
| Last day with our old kitchen. I like seeing (almost) all of the counters cleared off. |
![]() |
| Demolition day. Bye-bye lowered ceiling and absolutely everything else. |
They are putting dry wall up this week (Mon-Wed) and then I get to paint while we work through a few flooring snags. Well, one REALLY big flooring snag: the possibility of asbestos present on the original vinyl flooring and/or adhesive. After thinking through several alternatives and possible actions, we've decided to have the flooring in question officially tested for asbestos.
It will take some time to get the results back, so I am forced to chill. It's been rough on my "inner planner obsessions" to depend on other people and their schedules to finish something that means so much to ME. If the plumber decides not to come on his appointed day, or the electrical inspector ignores your persistent requests for a visit, then the work gets delayed...both situations happened last week.
Now, though, the ball is in my court until we figure out what to do about flooring. I don't like delays, but I don't want to botch this thing by rushing forward uninformed.
We want ceramic tile. That requires we 1) finish the floor before the cabinets go in and 2) we get rid of all the layers of flooring to get to the sub floor. The new mud room has 5 layers. The kitchen has only 3, as far as I can tell. If asbestos is present, then we'll need to decide whether and how to remove it :(


No comments:
Post a Comment