It finally happened, ladies and gentlemen, Alice is officially 12 years old. It's too bad she won't let me take any normal pictures of her...
 |
| Monday Night Fun with upside-down mouth people. |
 |
| Prepping her own birthday dessert (strawberry pie) for her own birthday dinner party with her own friends. Dude. That was one of the easiest and most satisfying birthday parties I have ever witnessed. She can do that EVERY year, if she wants. |
 |
| Pizza Balls and Pizza Braid |
 |
| "I am smiling" |
 |
| I really, really need help with selfies *sigh*, but this captures her real smile for a moment. |
 |
| I didn't intend for this to be a butt shot, but, well, sorry. The weather was AMAZING today so we rode our bikes to a birthday party about 4 miles away on less than friendly roads. She did great! She's a tough little lady. |
I love this girl. Love her! She's my Alice. The kid who first made me a mom. The baby who ate, slept and grew by the book (her pooping behavior was less than conventional, but I digress). The toddler who decided one day she was done with diapers and potty trained herself. The preschooler who wore three dresses a day and tights on her head and ate tomatoes nonstop from the garden all summer. The kid who found school to be the highlight of her day. She makes me look like a good parent, but I swear she came pre-programmed with empathy, joy, love, confidence, intelligence, intuition, and maturity beyond her age. She's taught me about love and courage. She's a radiant example to me of integrity and moral strength. She shows me how to bring people together. How to let go of the things I cannot control. How to enjoy the moment I'm in right now.
I just marvel as she does her thing. Twelve years strong.
Happy Birthday, Girlie.
What an incredible girl! I never cease to be awed by her.
ReplyDelete