Thursday, March 7, 2019

Cruisin'

We were all in a silly mood this morning heading to school. I had to wait a while in the driveway for the kids to finish putting on winter gear. Our car was stinking with exhaust fumes. By the time everyone was in the car and we were on our way, Alice and I had to roll down all the windows to air it out. It was 25F outside. Matthew was in his swimsuit, right by the window. He LOVED it. And of course we HAD to play the music louder to hear over all the wind. Maybe not as loud as I played it (ahem)...pedestrians turned their heads...but we were having a great time and not breaking any laws.

Of course I turned off the music when we pulled into the school drop-off zone.

And of course it went right back on once we pulled out of the parking lot.

There's something about hearing a song I really, really like at a really, really loud volume. It tunes everything else out of my brain and my body. The song is all there is. It's oddly serene. Even if it's a raucous full-company number from The Greatest Showman. And having Alice in the front seat beside me, belting out the words and laughing her head off at the same time...makes me happy.

IMG_20190307_101318572_HDR
He doesn't really look happy in this picture, but believe me he's thrilled to be in a swim suit and coat with the window rolled down in 25F weather listening to loud music. He requests it every time we get in the car now.

No comments:

Post a Comment