Saturday, March 28, 2020

Left and Right

While I was getting Matthew dressed after his bath yesterday, he proudly announced that he now knows his left from his right. Curious, I tested him.

"Which way is left?"

(he points to his left)

"Wow! That's great! How did you learn that?"

"Minecwaft. Woh-buht told me 'Left button! Left button! Now wight!' when I played my tohn and I lohned it!"

If you've ever seen Robert "help" other people play Minecraft, it's more like a shouting match than a preschool (he's been excused from the room for that behavior, several times) but there you go!

I'm wondering what Matthew will remember about this whole Covid-19 thing. He's only just old enough to form permanent memories. Our new normal at home isn't that terribly different to him. He's used to spending most of the day at home anyway! We tell him to stay away from other people as we take walks and he still asks, "Why?!"

He asked me today, "Do you know when vuh fust cuhwohna vi-wuss sleepovuh is? It's soon. I can't wait!" I think he's referring to the kids' monthly sleepover at Erin's house. But now, apparently, it's the coronavirus sleepover.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, when I was driving J&M home last week, I said our sleepover was next Friday, and that it was our first coronavirus sleepover. That's awesome he picked that up lol

    ReplyDelete