Saturday, May 9, 2020

Late Night

I'm staying up late tonight. Very, very late. Why? Because the house is quiet and no one needs me, nor will anyone interrupt me...and my Sims need 20 more minutes to reach a significant milestone. Then I will go to bed. I'll have weird dreams, then wake up at 5:30am to a house still quiet until I hear rustling and conversation from James and Matthew's room. I'll snuggle deeper into my covers hoping they will start an imaginary game or look at books together in the living room while I steal a few more moments of rest. They will eventually come into my room asking for food. And since it's my morning with the kids, I'll get out of bed to arrange breakfast. What will it be? How about the chocolate chocolate chip scones Alice made this afternoon? Yum!

Then we begin chores...or avoid them...depending on who we are individually ;)

Tomorrow was going to be my first triathlon race of the season.

I'm sad about missing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment