Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Pop-up Thunderstorm

Pop-up thunderstorms can be pretty fun. It feels and looks like a regular sunny day, then you hear thunder and see dark clouds gathering just a little ways away. One minute later you're in a torrential downpour that floods the streets and pours in sheets off of your roof. The downspouts gush like fire hoses. One minute after that, the rain stops suddenly. It's warm and humid. The sun comes out. It's instantly HOT and humid. Water still gushing down the street. Steam floating off your roof.

IMG_20200523_120229264_HDR

I haven't been feeling my emotional best lately. This "wait and see" stuff regarding a potentially life-threatening virus can be pretty exhausting. I enjoyed this pop-up storm, though, because I was outside experiencing it with Robert and James. They were excited and amazed through it all. Like me. They have no idea how much strain I am under to manage the people, the house, and the yard for this family, but we understood each other perfectly for those 2 minutes. That was lovely. And I enjoyed the reminder that the natural world does not stop. The seasons continue on their course and my garden grows no matter how far I have to stand from people to keep them safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment