Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Alice Meets Santa

Alice had her first close encounter with Santa last weekend at our ward's Christmas party. She didn't seem to mind him much. She was more interested in the horde of small children waiting in line after her and that fascinating gym floor (see photo). She spent most of the evening finger-running all over the gym, chasing little kids, and squealing with delight at the sheer amount of space to run in.

Alice scored serious cool points for her Heavy Metal Shop onesie and purple paisley leg warmers that night. Thanks to her Aunt and Uncle Bennett and Aunt Erin, respectively, for those gifts. By the way, those leg warmers have been a life saver! Alice is learning to be mobile right now and it's just too frustrating to work around pants or a skirt. It's too cold for shorts, so I dress her these days in a long-sleeved onesie and a stylin' pair of leg warmers. She gets around just fine and stays warm at the same time. Yay!

Untitled

3 comments:

  1. I have to admit that we would have put her in something more Christmasy if any of it were clean at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's such a little hipster... :)

    James wore his Heavy Metal Shop shirt to our Christmas party, too--it was a black and white theme, so it fit the bill. Our little buddy Charlie wore his, too, so they made quite the pair.

    And I don't know what it is, but Alice really looks like Bobby in this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A black and white Christmas party theme? Cool. How'd it go, Miss Activities Chairperson?

    Bobby's right about the laundry issue being a major reason for Alice's outfit that night. She had been wearing the red and black striped Baby Legs all day, but I thought they would be a little too "goth" with the HMS onesie.

    That's funny that you would say Alice looks like Bobby in this photo. She doesn't usually look like that. For some reason, even before you mentioned anything, I just didn't think that kid on Santa's lap looked like Alice. Oh! I just figured it out! She's zoning. She's in the "zone" where she's really tired and ready for bed. Bobby gets an expression like that when he's on the computer for a while :)

    ReplyDelete