Saturday, December 1, 2007
Hypnosuit
Alice and I had to walk to a friend's house yesterday through the bitter cold wind that so lovingly graces our midwestern landscape every winter. To prepare Alice for the bone-chilling onslaught, I wrestled her into a little pink snowsuit. Little did I know that the suit had magical powers. In seconds, my squealy, wiggly, flailing and writhing infant was transformed into a docile lump of babyness. She stared off into the distance, content to wait in the stroller while I finished gathering my things. Once we arrived at our friend's house and removed the suit, Alice was her wiggly and squealy self again. The same transformation took place when we traveled home. What happened?! Is it the swaddling phenomenon?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is the same suit she saw her first snow in. We thought she was just not that excited about snow.
ReplyDelete