The first part of his week started out like just about any other. Nothing special happened at work and Susan and Alice seemed to be having a good time at home. Alice has been perfecting some of her walking skills and is now quite comfortable walking with just one finger. We are fairly sure she could walk on her own if she just had the confidence to do it.
Saturday was a very busy day. It started out with a little bit of snow. The weather report had been saying that it would snow all day and all night. It had only dropped a little bit of snow so far so I went Christmas shopping in the morning. I would tell you about the wonderful gifts that I found for Susan, but she reads this too so I cannot. But I did find something that I think Alice will love. Alice really likes to use her pincher grasp. She loves to run her fingers through hair or grab small tassels. I found her this.
But about 6 inches in diameter.
Also Saturday morning Alice was acting very clingy. When I got back from shopping we took her temperature and she had a slight fever. She has been sick with a lot of coughing and sneezing. In fact I am home from church right now writing this while Alice is taking a nap. Poor little thing.
Saturday evening was the Yahoo holiday party. We dropped Alice off at the baby sitter and went. It was a lot of fun. They had appetizers, dinner, and dancing. We stayed for dinner but it was still snowing fairly hard so we went to go dancing right after dinner and no one was on the dance floor. You know us we are rather reserved people so we decided to skip the dancing there and come home. When we got home we put Alice in her crib and had a little dance ourselves. Then went to bed because it was past our bedtime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I got Lauren one of those balls a couple months back, she loves it but the thing picks up more hair and lint than any mop I've ever owned. As everything now goes directly into her mouth she ends up with a lint ring around her lips everytime she plays with it, kind of cute in a slightly gross way. I like your blog, it's fun seeing your little girl.
ReplyDeleteLiz Garcia-Leavitt
Yeah. Alice has helped me discover more "cute in a slightly gross way" things than I ever thought possible...her open-mouthed "kisses" with a lot of tongue that she will bestow on any part of me close enough to kiss...her nose blowing snotty bubbles when she has a cold...the folds of her neck collecting soggy lint balls and bits of food...that odd wet cereal smell that I've only ever smelled near Alice...need I go on??
ReplyDelete