Sunday, September 18, 2011

Bobby's Sunday Summary

This week has been very odd.  It started out mostly normal with work and all, but ended up very different.  On Thursday at about 2 p.m. I flew out to LA.  There were some recruiters that had contacted me through linked-in, which is not uncommon usually about twice a month, but the fact that they didn't really give up even when I said that I am happy where I am at is uncommon.  I figured at the very least I can practice my interviewing skills and be ready for the next thing that happens.

The trip out was not bad.  I flew into LAX just about an hour late, but was able to take a taxi to the hotel and go to bed fairly quickly.  The next day was the interview.  It went fairly well, except for lunch somehow what I think is wasabi got on my french dip sandwich.  I hate the taste of wasabi, spice is OK but the flavor is disgusting.  Anyways the interview went well, they told me that they will make me a job offer and I left.  Don't worry, Susan has already decided that she does not want to live in LA right now and barring them giving me mounds and mounds of money we are going to stay here.

The trip home, however, was not too fun, but I did not realize it was not fun until about midnight last night when I realized that I probably got food poisoning at O'Hare on my way back.  So my gut has not been happy, but I am doing a bit better now.  At least good enough to write this.  Also the burrito I suspect in this incident also ate one of my fillings.  When I was done with dinner I got up to take a drink and found a large hole in one of my teeth that I thought had been filled previously.  So on Monday I get to have that refilled.

One of the best parts about the trip is that I decided to bring back real presents for the kids, not just the left over granola bars I had to snack on, but something real.  So I stopped at a store on the way home from the airport, don't tell Alice, and got a stuffed cat for Robert and a little Rapunzel doll for Alice.  Robert loves cats for some reason.  Every time he sees a picture of one in a book he signs cat and says meow.  He loves the cat and snuggles it all the time.  Alice also loves the doll, she is listening to her CD of Rapunzel music right now giving her a hairdo, and make-believe play with the doll.  It is nice to see that I can make both of the kids very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment