Sunday, September 25, 2011

Co-op Preschool Field Trip

 

This week, our little preschool group visited the Anita Purves Nature Center in Urbana. This is the same place Alice has enjoyed Nature Day Camp for the last two summers. She gave me the grand tour. I was especially excited about the living bee hive. I just love that stuff. Here is Alice in her formal-picture-smile pose by the beehive door.


It was a self-guided tour through all of their educational displays. I was honestly impressed with the variety and depth of the topics covered in such a small space, but most of it was beyond the scope of a preschooler's comprehension. We'll have to come back in a couple years. Still, there were moments I caught the kids surprised...



mesmerized...



and thoroughly enjoying themselves.


After a brisk jog through Busey woods, we picnicked at Crystal Lake Park. Bob worked on his solo forward-slide routine. Nice form, extra points for stylistic flair.



Alice concentrated on friendships. Here she's rocking out with Spencer B. in a small portion of some firefighting, bad-guy-chasing, car racing adventure. They also collected a few pounds of acorns that we had to dump out of the stroller before heading home. I'm thinking I will miss adventures like these when Alice starts kindergarten next year. Maybe I'll have to start a toddler playgroup for Robert ;)

1 comment:

  1. That's where I was when Alice was born! "I won't be making it to scouts tonight." Excellent place, miss having good places like that around.

    ReplyDelete