We've been reading Alice
Little House in the Big Woods as part of her bedtime routine. This is her second time, actually. The night we finished it for the first time, Alice declared that she couldn't remember the beginning anymore so we should start over :) She's excited to hear the adventures of two little girls about her age. We had just finished the part of the story where the girls get to drive into town for the first time in their lives. Their Ma wraps their hair with rags the night before and then the girls have long, silky curls the next day. Alice couldn't resist the notion of shiny, curly hair and asked for a few curls of her own.
Why not?
The instructions in the book were very clear. How could I miss? Alice was so jumpy and excited that I couldn't put in more than 7 or 8 rolls. Here she is jumping for joy that they're in:
Half of them came out of her hair while she slept :( but two stayed in where she could see the curls for herself the next morning.
I'm lucky she's easy to please :) and that she didn't ask to shoot a bear or make maple sugar instead.
If the hair is damp (not soaking) the curls are a little more dramatic. You can also put a smidge of gel or hair spray on them right before you roll. GG loves to do curls but her hair is stick straight. You have to work it a little more :)
ReplyDeleteMy heart is melting at the cuteness! My sisters and cousins used to dress up as the Little House characters when I was younger. Bonnets and everything. Hmm. I might have to see if I can find some of my old dress up bonnets when I go home. Think Alice would like one?
ReplyDelete