Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Biking in the Rain

Is it really January 11th? It feels like October.

The forecast called for light rain to end about 9:00 this morning. We all got up late, Alice would never get to preschool in time by bike, and Robert wasn't even close to presentable. I told Bobby to take Alice to preschool in the car and I would pick her up with the bike. The rain would stop by 9:00, right? Oodles of time to dry out before I got out there.

Unfortunately, the light rain continued through pickup time. Not bad, but not very pleasant. I threw on my slicker, my "construction orange" vest, and I braved the cold wet. Robert was snug and dry in the trailer (I love, love, love this trailer!). It kept the kids and all our stuff dry the whole trip, about 20 minutes.

I did notice, however, that both kids in there with their winter coats on makes for a tight squeeze. The trailer can take up to 100# of kids and cargo (Robert=30, Alice=42), but Alice at 4.5 years old is almost too tall to sit up straight in it. If it weren't raining, I would actively encourage her to ride her own bike :)

No comments:

Post a Comment