Sunday, January 1, 2012

Finalement!

Pictures! Hot off the digi cam! Get them while I'm still okay with a house in chaos! Absolutely no tidying was performed prior to this whirlwind tour. Alice took many of the shots herself. We'll start at the very beginning...

In our old house, Robert helped me with some toy packing.
 


 I got a little carried away.


Dinosaur Train helped me pack, too.


Never try this at home, but if your kids do, it makes a cute picture.


And now onto the new place. I'll warn you ahead of time that the curtains are, um, avocado. All of them. Here's the first guest room. There's a wall of built in bookshelves and desk area to the left.


Kitchen. It's got a funky little table bar that works out nicely as an eat-in kitchen. Excellent height and location for casual meals. I thought this would be the first thing we changed, but now I don't want to go without it. Alice tells me this is her "huh?" face.


More of the kitchen here.



Family room. A bit out of sorts, but you can see there's plenty of space and plenty of window goin' on.  The hall on the right goes down to the bedrooms.


Dining Room. Another bay window, one wall of wood paneling (meh, could be worse). We had a couple family dinners here while Bobby's parents were in town and I loved it. The kids ate in the kitchen, of course :) Adult conversation actually stood a chance!


Living Room. This is at the front of the house. We have no furniture for it. I can't make up my mind what to do here. The lovely orange recliner was left for us by the previous owners. Those curtains to the right open up to a huge, bright, floor-to-ceiling bay window that I'm quite fond of. 


Alice asked me to pose where she was pointing the camera. I'm sitting on the bay window ledge.


The master bedroom and the kids' rooms don't look like anything when you take a picture. They are big and white and naked with a variety of avocado-themed curtains. Each kid room has a walk-in closet. This is the master bath vanity...


...and the toilet. Surprise! They're avocado green! It's a soothing color, actually, and so uniform in the master bath that I'm in no hurry to change it out. I might get some creme towels and rugs to mellow out the level of green, but the effect in total is pretty nice. This picture doesn't do it justice. Really.


This is the second guest room, or sewing room, or play room, or storage room. Can't quite figure that out yet. It does have a lovely set of George Washington-themed avocado green curtains. I'm toying with the idea of combining these crazy curtain fabrics into a display of sorts...a quilt square? a framed montage? It seems a shame to toss so many unique and interesting fabrics that coordinate so well together. 

I can't take any backyard pictures that do it justice. It's just huge expanse of grass with a decent sized back patio.

So there's a peek at our new place. I'll take more pictures as we update and settle in more.

No comments:

Post a Comment