Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bobby's Sunday Summary

This week has been a bit crazy.  This is mostly due to work.  Because of our move I switched around when I would be on call.  Which means that if something bad happens that the people who's job it is to handle bad things cannot handle it then I get a call to come help figure out what is happening and fix it.  Well this past week while sitting on the couch with Susan watching a show I got called.  It was bad, but it was not that bad.  It was not something that we had done.  It was human error by someone else.  By the time I got online to help out they had already fixed the problem and were monitoring everything to see if it they had to do anything more.  So for the most part I just had to stay up until midnight looking at graphs showing that things were returning to normal.  This is the first time since coming to work for Yahoo! 4 years ago that I have been called while on call.  Which is really nice.

The rest of the week was good.  I was able to get a few more projects done around the house that have been bugging me, so we are slowly getting closer to being done.  But we still have a long ways to go.

We also got to go to a "Progressive" dinner that was not very progressive.  Several years ago a friend in our ward had the idea for a progressive dinner.  Unfortunately there was a lot of interest in the idea, and not enough time to really plan it all the way so it ended up being half way in-between a potluck and a progressive dinner with a bit of a lottery thrown in.  So it ends up being everyone who wants to signs up.  Couples are randomly divided up into tables with 4 couples at each table, and each is assigned a part of the meal, appetizer, main dish, side or dessert.  We made enchiladas, and someone at our table brought chips and 7 layer dip.  So our table was designated the mexican table, despite there also being Caesar Salad, and a Black Raspberry Cake, neither of which really are all that Mexican foody.  Overall it was fun, and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment