So, uh, I didn't do this on purpose. Well, I meant to take the pictures of Bob and me at 6 weeks post-partum, but I didn't realize until just now that I did the same thing with Alice when she was only 6 weeks old. Kinda creepy, but great for comparing these two little cuties. I've been wanting a side-by-side comparison for some time...I guess my subconscious finally got around to it :)
The two babies managed to have a few facial expressions that matched, so I've posted those here. They aren't the most flattering (sorry, kids), but they match-ish, which is more important than cherubic grins for this exercise.
The babes looking stern/serious:
The babes a little dazed:
Up the babes' noses (I did warn you this might not be flattering):
Siblings? Yes. Clone babies? Hardly.
Yeah, they're definitely not clones. I recognize today-Alice in baby-Alice, and Bob doesn't look much like either one. And he doesn't particularly look like either you or Bobby, though he definitely looks like he came from you. Maybe it's just that last picture and his head shape, but I think he kind of looks like Grandpa Bob. What do you think?
ReplyDeleteI knew Baby Bob would look so different to me soon, and I hardly recognize this round-cheeked baby from the skinny red newborn who clung to my chest a couple months ago. Give him a big snuggle and kiss from Auntie Heidi. :)
Oh, I meant it's the second-to-last picture where he reminds me of Grandpa Bob. In his first picture he looks more like Grandpa Jerry. And I love that last picture of Alice. It's like she's saying, "Yeah, I'm grabbing her nose. What are you going to do about it??"
ReplyDeleteAnd I forgot to mention how beautiful you are. You're gorgeous, babe.
ReplyDelete(last comment on this post. probably...)
He is such a little chub!! Chubby babies are the SOOO cute! Yes, it's true, they aren't twins, but that just makes it more fun. J and C looked super similar at the start, but now they barely look like siblings at first glance.
ReplyDeleteMan, I can absolutely see the family resemblance. Look how round and full little Bob's cheeks are... what a cute little thing! I can't believe how strong Alice looks in her 6 week shot grabbing your nose!
ReplyDelete