Robert woke up a few times last night, but was easily soothed back to sleep with his blankie and a calm voice. What a blessing! He slept in until 7:30, too. Today, he appears to be back to his normal self, despite the itty bitty red spotty rash remaining on his hands and feet.
I'm also excited to report that he's gone 2.5 days without a potty-training accident, day or night. We started this thing 5 weeks ago. He's been 100% accident-free during the day for about a week. Night time has been 50/50. He's also done better taking charge of it himself. In other words, he doesn't tolerate reminders or promptings very well. When he's squirming and crossing his legs, I've learned not to force the issue. He can hold it in indefinitely if I'm the one to put him in the bathroom. I just wait for him to say he's ready, then it's zip-zap-zoop, quick as lightning. No power struggles. Again, this works REALLY well when we're just hanging out at home in quarantine. It can be more frustrating when we're out at a park, or Home Depot, and a toilet isn't readily available, or convenient, or clean, or even open. Ugh. Dare I confess that he's already had experience peeing into a bottle?
Friday, July 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yea! I was dreading the next little while for you. Atticus's friend catches everything, and he had HFM recently. No fun.
ReplyDeleteAnd way to go Robert for peeing in a bottle! Atticus will pee in a cup in the bathtub if he forgets to go beforehand, and we've gotten close to nature a few times. Boys are really convenient that way... :)
I'm so glad Robert is doing better. The only good sickness is the type that is just enough to turn them into snugglers and nothing more. Beyond that is no fun.
ReplyDeleteI think most parents have exciting bathroom stories. Jessica used to use a sand bucket at the park b/c the bathroom was too dark and scary. Whatever works. :)
A sand bucket? Brilliant! Alice had to pee at the park, too, with no bathroom in sight. We were close enough to walk home, but we were discussing the differences between male urination and female urination the whole way...trying to brainstorm an easy way for girls to pee in an emergency. We couldn't think of much.
ReplyDelete