She stands out in the flock, doesn't she? I can't tell the three australorps apart yet. They haven't had much energy to work on the pecking order today. They've just been panting in the shade and trying to keep cool.
Ah, well, the new coop/pen is still hypothetical at this point. Home Depot is delivering most of the supplies to my house tomorrow morning. I've got other materials coming via mail. It's HIGHLY unlikely we'll make much progress on it tomorrow (heat indexes above 110 degrees in the forecast), but it should cool down significantly after Sunday. Maybe I can do some of the timber framing in the garage? Hmmmm. I'd like to get it up and running by the end of next week.
Oh! Okay, sure. The original coop and pen are connected like you can see here: http://bobbyandsusan.blogspot.com/2012/04/pickies-of-chickies.html
I've hacked together a temporary "extension" to the pen that gives the ladies a little more roaming room (no picture of that). The previous setup was a little small for 3 adult birds to stay in 24-7. With four birds, it was bordering on cruel. The new pen should give up to 5 birds ample space indefinitely.
They are beautiful! Now I want to see a photo of the coop. I looked at the diagrams, but that just didn't satisfy.
ReplyDeleteAh, well, the new coop/pen is still hypothetical at this point. Home Depot is delivering most of the supplies to my house tomorrow morning. I've got other materials coming via mail. It's HIGHLY unlikely we'll make much progress on it tomorrow (heat indexes above 110 degrees in the forecast), but it should cool down significantly after Sunday. Maybe I can do some of the timber framing in the garage? Hmmmm. I'd like to get it up and running by the end of next week.
ReplyDeleteHow about a picture of what you've got up now?
ReplyDeleteOh! Okay, sure. The original coop and pen are connected like you can see here: http://bobbyandsusan.blogspot.com/2012/04/pickies-of-chickies.html
ReplyDeleteI've hacked together a temporary "extension" to the pen that gives the ladies a little more roaming room (no picture of that). The previous setup was a little small for 3 adult birds to stay in 24-7. With four birds, it was bordering on cruel. The new pen should give up to 5 birds ample space indefinitely.
Ah. I do remember that picture now. Thanks. :)
ReplyDelete