I see it in the store all the time, but watching it go from seed to this is...is...mind-blowing.
I think it's stunning. Absolute beauty. Can you believe the plant grew this way all by itself?
Once I got the plants trimmed down a bit, the three mini heads weighed in at 1, 1, and 1.25 pounds. So petite!
![]() |
| Alice didn't want to be in the picture. I didn't want a picture of only veggies. We kinda compromised on this shot. |
This was a "mini" variety of cabbage that supposedly makes 3# heads. Maybe I harvested too soon? There are several more still in the ground that I'll let go a little longer. Weeeeeeeeeee!
The cauliflower in the middle is way, way, way, smaller than the seed packet promised. I had to study a lot to figure out when a cauliflower was ripe and this was definitely ripe. Just stunted. My research indicates cauliflower can be a little fussy about temperature. There are three more cauliflower plants in the ground that aren't ripe yet. Fingers crossed.
The cauliflower in the middle is way, way, way, smaller than the seed packet promised. I had to study a lot to figure out when a cauliflower was ripe and this was definitely ripe. Just stunted. My research indicates cauliflower can be a little fussy about temperature. There are three more cauliflower plants in the ground that aren't ripe yet. Fingers crossed.


Wow!! You really have some benefits from all your hard work. And so beautiful too!
ReplyDelete