Now it makes my kids happy, too...I've hired them to run an "outlet store" for our extra produce.
It looks a little like this:
I plan the garden
I plant the garden
I tend the garden
Alice takes pictures of the produce we'll likely have too much of at the end of the week
She posts the pictures to a blog
We decide on prices together
We send an email to friends and neighbors
Friends and neighbors make orders
The kids harvest produce for the orders
The kids prep the produce for the orders
I drive/walk the kids to customers' houses
The kids deliver the produce and handle the money
It's worked for two weeks so far. We'll see how they feel about things as the summer heat and humidity settle in.
![]() |
| Making a delivery this morning with the help of a friend visiting from Ohio. |

No comments:
Post a Comment