Monday, June 12, 2017

James Riding a Pedal Bike!

Reluctant to try it, but thrilled when he finally did: James can now ride a pedal bike on his own! This video was taken minutes after he mounted the bike for the first time. I love the last few seconds when he stop-falls onto the driveway and jumps up with, "Again! Again! Again!"




A balance bike makes learning to ride a regular bike SO much easier! Tons. The balance bike now falls to Matthew, who is simultaneously excited and scared to be on wheels. He hasn't quite figured it out yet, as you can see by his worried expression (and his constant, "Mommy, I stuck!" complaint in the video background). That's okay. James hated his first day on the balance bike, too. He refused to ride it the whole first summer, actually, but here we are. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Yaay for the fun of growing up and trying new things!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for James! He looks awesome riding right by you on the video. And I'm sure Matthew will become a pro on his bike pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete