Dare I say it? I think we've finally adapted to the summer groove...3.5 weeks in. That's pretty normal for us. It takes time to shift expectations/schedules juuuuuust so...a balancing act every day, but now we're hitting it more often than missing it.
Whew.
And Matthew is down to only 2 bathroom accidents a week :)
It didn't kill me to take them all to the grocery store. It was almost fun.
And I got a solid 4 hours in the garden(s) today transplanting, direct seeding, weeding, watering, and building protective structures. Bobby even helped me move my 6-foot-tall cuke/zuke sanctuary to the big garden. Pictures to come later *squeeeeeeeee*!
And the kids loaded up on library books today, so the bickering was way down and the lounging around in utter silence was way up...punctuated by periodic bursts of laughter. It takes great self-control to visit the library only once a week ;)
*************
I was in James' room helping him with something and he asks me, "What is that smell?!" I turn around and he's got his arm up in the air and his nose in his naked armpit. I think he was changing out of pajamas.
"What smell?" I ask.
"This one. Smell it!"
I take a whiff of his armpit 'cuz a 4-year-old can't possibly have B.O.. I'm wrong. It's the slightest hint, but there it is.
"Dude, that's B.O.. It's normal." I try not to sound surprised or impressed. I'm totally surprised and impressed.
"Oh, okay."
Monday, June 19, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment